Two Sentenced In Local Restaurant Break-Ins
March 13, 2018
Sentencing has been handed down to two individuals involved in break-ins at Genoa Township restaurants.
21-year-old Taylor Schulte of Howell Township and 20-year-old Michael Tournier of Marion Township were both recently sentenced in Livingston County Circuit Court on charges connected to the November 27th incident involving themselves and 22-year-old Wyatt Marshall of Marion Township.
Both were sentenced to two years of probation, while Tournier was also given 150 days in jail with a credit of 85 days served. Marshall was sentenced last month to a minimum of one year to a maximum of ten years in the Michigan Department of Corrections. All three previously pleaded guilty as charged to breaking and entering a building with intent, possession of burglar’s tools and 3rd degree retail fraud.
Three Genoa Township businesses were targeted by the trio, who is said to have robbed Pizza’s Champ before stealing a crowbar from Walmart, which was then used to break into Arby’s. Tournier is a former Pizza's Champ employee, while Marshall used to work at Arby's. Schulte is said to have driven the getaway car.
In addition to their respective sentences, they are required to make restitution in the amount of $4,662.34. Schulte and Tournier, however, were sentenced under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act, which means their records will be expunged if they successfully complete probation. (DK)