|Company||Huron Valley Schools|
|Apply For This Job||Apply Now|
As soon as possible
Work Year: 2020 - 2021 Student Attendance Days
Hours: Per schedule determined by Supervisor during training. Per schedule for Bus Attendant once continuous employment has been granted.
Salary: Per contract for Substitute Bus Attendants until fully trained and granted continuous employment. Per contract for Bus Attendants once granted continuous employment.
Summary of Position: Contributing to the educational growth of students in the Huron Valley School District by providing a safe, reliable environment for each student being transported on the school bus
Requirements To Be Met:
4. Shall have past experience and abilities in working with children, preferably handicapped children.
5. Meet all district, local and state physical/mental requirements, including but not limited to:
· Make rational decisions under stressful conditions
· Ability to lift 40 pounds
· Repeated bending/stooping/squatting/crouching/kneeling (4 tie-downs, lap belt, shoulder harness on each wheelchair)
· Use of arms (reach overhead, left, right, lateral)
· Finger manipulation with firm grip
· Leg and foot control while walking on level and uneven surfaces
· Repeated climbing up and down bus stairs
· Ability to evacuate students (including non-ambulatory) and self out the rear exit (4' above ground) in case of emergency
· Operate all safety equipment: CB radio, fuses, fire extinguisher, emergency triangles
· Accept normal exposure to heat, cold, humidity, dust, noise, diesel exhaust
· Certified in First Aid
· Certified in CPR(adult and child
1. Able to conduct a bus evacuation drill as required by Transportation management.
2. Bus Attendants shall have achieved self-improvement by attending training sessions, in-service and workshops conducted by Huron Valley Schools or other approved agencies.
3. Establish favorable working relationships with other attendants, drivers, maintenance personnel, teachers, students, principals and other school staff.
4. Responsible for the care of HVS students.
5. Assist children boarding and exiting the bus.
6. Supervise the children on the bus enroute to and from school.
7. Assist the bus driver in maintaining discipline on the bus.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma and/or related experience.
Language, Mathematical and Reasoning Skills: Ability to speak and write effectively. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral format and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands or arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is normally quiet but can become noisy on occasion.
Method of Application: Apply on-line at Hvs.org or complete an application at the Transportation Department located at 2366 S. Milford Road., Highland, MI 48357
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, it is the policy of the Huron Valley School district that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex age, disability, height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination during any program or activity or in employment. Inquiries should be addressed to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
2390 S. Milford Rd.
Highland, MI 48357