At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.
Maintenance Technician with a lead focus on safety. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining / troubleshooting / repairing complex electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems used in our fast-paced manufacturing environment. This includes electric motors, pelletizers, extruders, pumps, blowers, material conveying systems, and any other equipment installed within Asahi Kasei Plastics North America. This 12 hour night shift position will be on a rotating schedule of 3 days on and 4 days off one week and 4 days on, 3 days off the following week.
- Ensure all production equipment is maintained in a safe and professional manner
- Test, calibrate, install, and maintain equipment monitoring and safety devices including: sensors, photo-eyes, light curtains, vibration monitoring equipment and safety scanners
- Use electrical testing tools to validate equipment efficiency, reliability and safety
- Diagnose malfunctions and perform preventative / predictive / reactive maintenance within the facility
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery including but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, pneumatic equipment, variable frequency drives, HMI touchscreens, and PLC controls
- Set up and operate drill press, grinder, welder and other metal working tools
- Functions with minimal supervision in a teamwork orientated environment
- Inspect complex manufacturing equipment during operation to identify potential failures
- Follow all LOTO (lock out tag out) procedures and all other associated safety / operational rules
- Make in process repairs and adjustments
- Complete individual projects in a timely professional manner
- Support production requirements to meet aggressive production schedules
- Maintain a clean and professional work area
- Document repairs / PM's with eMaintenance CMMS system
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Must have High School Diploma or G.E.D and Valid Driver's License
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred but not required
- Electrical technician troubleshooting experience in an industrial setting preferred but not required
- Proficiency in electrical systems including ability to understand electrical prints
- PLC troubleshooting experience including RSLogix 5/500, RSLogix 5000, RSLogix enterprise
- Interface and support supervisory control and data acquisition systems (SCADA)
- Experience in working with industrial power including 480-volt 3 phase power
- Ability to follow complex instructions with minimal supervision
- Computer experience required
- Strong hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team to solve complex problems efficiently
- Electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Standing walking continuously during entire shift, have ability to climb ladders, kneel, bend frequently throughout shift, be willing to work outside on occasion
About Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
Asahi Kasei Plastics is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high performance, engineered polymers and chemically coupled polypropylene resins in North America. Our company encourages a dynamic employee culture focused on the pursuit of innovation. We challenge our employees to have fun and work hard when finding and making solutions for tomorrow's polymers.