|Company||City of South Lyon-Water and Sewer Department|
|Apply For This Job||Apply Now|
· Primary location: City of South Lyon
· Department: Water & Sewer Department
· Job Status: Full time hourly and non-exempt, AFSCME Union position
· Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
· Salary: Established by the current Bargaining Unit contract. Starting base pay $19.99 with annual increases on a 5-year scale up to $27.08. Additional compensation based upon obtaining State certifications.
Special Experience & Education:
· High School diploma or GED
· Clean, valid driver’s license and ability to obtain State of Michigan Class B CDL license
· Must be legally able to work in U.S.
· Preferred – candidates with certifications in Water & Waste Water and/or post-secondary class work in chemistry or environmental sciences
Candidate must be able to work rotating weekend shifts and on-call schedule. Position may require some heavy lifting and includes duties ranging from operation and maintenance of the City’s Water and Waste Water treatment facilities, water meter installations, repairs and laboratory analysis. Candidate should possess strong mechanical aptitude and effective technical, oral and written communication skills.
The City of South Lyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send applications and resume to Ron Beason, Water & Sewer Department Superintendent at 335 S. Warren, South Lyon, MI 48178. Accepting application until filled.