Hutson has seen plenty of changes since its founding back in 1928, but one thing still remains the same: our commitment to our customers and employees. From our very first location in Mayfield, KY to our 29 locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, we have focused on meeting the needs of our customers and co-workers through integrity and innovation. Small Ag/LawnUltimately companies are really about their people; committed, talented, passionate people, who want to be challenged, who want to do something meaningful, realize their full potential, make a positive impact in their communities, and have fun doing it. That’s exactly what Hutson Inc is about. Our people are passionate individuals who get involved and make a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities every day. We stand for putting our customers first, treating people with respect, and thinking creatively to solve problems and we are excited to welcome you to our team.
Location: Howell, Michigan
This Technician will perform basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned small agricultural equipment. The Service Technician – Lawn & Garden/Small Ag Equipment Mechanic is categorized as such because he/she has learned the basic skill sets to grow into a successful and competent technician. Their purpose is to continue learning the business and gain the knowledge and experience necessary to work within the framework of the Hutson Service Business Model.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Greater than 2 years experience required and working to complete John Deere Silver Certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to work individually or with a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Forklift Certification.
- Respirator Certification.
Essential Job Requirements
General Physical Requirements
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Crawling, Pushing, and Pulling.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.