CDL-Class A tractor/trailer driver needed for a local company. HOME EVERY NIGHT! Must have at least 3 years flatbed experience, good driving record, be able to pass DOT required drug test, have current DOT medical card, and good knowledge of pre and post trip inspections. DOT rules and regulations will apply in this position. Must be willing to tarp and have full availability.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, record and report any defects they find.
- Load and deliver freight (machinery, tooling, dies, equipment, etc.) while operating a tractor-trailer truck.
- Secure cargo and re-evaluate securement during transit.
- Ensure that the load is a legal load, or within the measurements of the permit if the load is oversized. Legal height from ground to top of the load is 13’6”. Legal width is 8’6”.
- Tarp load as requested by customer.
- Report to dispatcher if anything about the load changes – location, tarping, size, weight, etc. We must report this to our customer as you will NOT always be loading at the customer’s site (the one who is paying for the load)
- Utilize electronic logging system. Report nonfunctioning units and use paper logs until unit can be repaired.
- Fill up tractor and log fuel recording gallons, date and truck number. Fill DEF tank as needed.
- Learn how to regenerate the after treatment system.
- Complete a Towles Transport Shipper for each customer daily, noting material delivered, times on site and in transit and pick up/delivery locations.
- Turn in all daily paperwork at the end of each day so that payroll and invoice processing may follow.
- Keep truck interior clean of debris
- Be a courteous and safe driver.
- Report to the dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Present self as a helpful, polite, and qualified driver to clients. You are our on-site representative.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org