Hutson has seen plenty of changes since its founding back in 1928, but one thing still remains the same: our commitment to our customers and employees. From our very first location in Mayfield, KY to our 29 locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, we have focused on meeting the needs of our customers and co-workers through integrity and innovation. Ultimately companies are really about their people; committed, talented, passionate people, who want to be challenged, who want to do something meaningful, realize their full potential, make a positive impact in their communities, and have fun doing it. That’s exactly what Hutson Inc is about. Our people are passionate individuals who get involved and make a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities every day. We stand for putting our customers first, treating people with respect, and thinking creatively to solve problems and we are excited to welcome you to our team.
Locations: Portland, Michigan; Gaylord, Michigan; Charlotte, Michigan; Howell, Michigan; Corunna, Michigan; Highland, Michigan; Williamston, Michigan; Mason, Michigan; West Branch, Michigan; Lake City, Michigan; Big Rapids, Michigan; South Lyon, Michigan; Tecumseh, Michigan; Rosebush, Michigan; Linwood, Michigan; and St. Louis, Michigan
As a Product Support Specialist I, your daily activity revolves around taking care of the precision needs in your area of responsibility. This means communicating with customers, shop managers and CAM’s to educate and help find solutions and assisting the Product Support Specialist II with daily responsibilities.
- Managing customer data and setting up customers on Operations Center and driving customer adoption.
- Assisting Regional Product Support Specialists with product demos, customer PFPs and training shops on GS Setups.
- Maintaining field day site and assisting with plot planting, flagging, layouts.
- Assisting ADW team during soil sampling, tissue sampling, data collection, and monitor setups.
- Assisting Ag Service Provider specialist with ASP support, demos, and trainings
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
- Foster a great work environment, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Participate in all business and/or department activities ensuring a positive customer experience.
- You may be asked to support the Ag Data Works team with agronomic services during the busy season (training will be provided).
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of Hutson Inc.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure the company’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with Hutson Inc. core values.
Experience, Education, and Skills:
- 1-2 years of agricultural technician or related precision experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or completion of John Deere Ag Tech program.
- Ability to operate large ag equipment.
- Excellent computer competency, patience for technology, and willingness to be part of a team effort and solution.
- Basic knowledge of farming practices and must be innovative in thinking.
- Understanding of basic GIS techniques, planter functions, fertilizer usage, pest control
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Essential Eligibility Requirements:
Essential Job Requirements:
- General Physical Requirements:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Activities:
- Reaching, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions
- Visual Acuity:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Working Conditions:
- None: The worker is not substantial exposed to adverse environmental conditions.