|Apply For This Job||Apply Now|
Hutson has seen plenty of changes since its founding back in 1928, but one thing still remains the same: our commitment to our customers and employees. From our very first location in Mayfield, KY to our 29 locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, we have focused on meeting the needs of our customers and co-workers through integrity and innovation. Ultimately companies are really about their people; committed, talented, passionate people, who want to be challenged, who want to do something meaningful, realize their full potential, make a positive impact in their communities, and have fun doing it. That’s exactly what Hutson Inc is about. Our people are passionate individuals who get involved and make a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities every day. We stand for putting our customers first, treating people with respect, and thinking creatively to solve problems and we are excited to welcome you to our team.
Full-Time | Posted July 13, 2022
Locations: Portland, Michigan; Ellsworth, Michigan; Gaylord, Michigan; Charlotte, Michigan; Howell, Michigan; Corunna, Michigan; Highland, Michigan; Williamston, Michigan; Mason, Michigan; West Branch, Michigan; Lake City, Michigan; Big Rapids, Michigan; South Lyon, Michigan; Tecumseh, Michigan; Rosebush, Michigan; Linwood, Michigan; and St. Louis, Michigan
Directs C&CE and Governmental sales for the entire organization in regards to strategy, planning, and sales processes and works with the Sales Management team to develop a consistent and reliable approach to the valuation process of used C&CE equipment.
• Leads the development and deployment of a C&CE sales strategy and long-term plans which integrates the business’ values, mission, resources and goals.
• Research and analyze market trends to identify potential growth strategies.
• Develops, communicates, enforces, and monitors effective C&CE Sales Department processes across all locations to ensure consistent internal and external customer satisfaction as well as Sales Department efficiencies.
• Manage the perpetual ordering plan for consumer goods to ensure adequate stock.
• Responsible for handling all discretionary bonus funds for all products up to 5000 series tractors.
• Assists in all Large Ag Sales Management meetings and facilitate quarterly C&CE sales meetings to communicate sales strategies and goals with Hutson sales team.
• Achieves asset turn goals and oversees new C&CE inventory.
• Responsible for managing and growing sales of Commercial Worksite Products (CWP) and Governmental Sales.
• Maintains comparable sales data, current improvement cost data, and other resource information required to prepare accurate and reliable appraisals and report trends to management.
• Performs appraisal reviews of third-party appraisals on an as needed basis.
• Ensures that appraisal costs are handled in the most cost effective manner assuring cost competitiveness.
• Oversee the valuation of inventory to assess retail versus wholesale status.
• Communicates with all team members, appropriate turnaround time relative to appraisal complexity and quality appraisal administration are essential.
• Ensures appropriate communication with customers, sales staff, other departments and John Deere personnel.
Experience, Education, and Skills:
• 3 or more years of sales experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent study is preferred.
• Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and within a group
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft office programs.
• Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
• Excellent understanding of financial principles relative to Sales Department operations.
Essential Job Requirements:
1. General Physical Requirements:
• Light work: Exerting 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
2. Physical Activities:
• Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions.
3. Visual Acuity:
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.