Hutson has seen plenty of changes since its founding back in 1928, but one thing still remains the same: our commitment to our customers and employees. From our very first location in Mayfield, KY to our 29 locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, we have focused on meeting the needs of our customers and co-workers through integrity and innovation. Ultimately companies are really about their people; committed, talented, passionate people, who want to be challenged, who want to do something meaningful, realize their full potential, make a positive impact in their communities, and have fun doing it. That’s exactly what Hutson Inc is about. Our people are passionate individuals who get involved and make a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities every day. We stand for putting our customers first, treating people with respect, and thinking creatively to solve problems and we are excited to welcome you to our team.
Locations: Portland, Michigan; Charlotte, Michigan; Howell, Michigan; Corunna, Michigan; Highland, Michigan; Williamston, Michigan; Mason, Michigan; West Branch, Michigan; Lake City, Michigan; Big Rapids, Michigan; South Lyon, Michigan; Tecumseh, Michigan; Rosebush, Michigan; Linwood, Michigan; and St. Louis, Michigan
The Safety & Compliance Manager creates, implements, and audits safety programs that are compliant with federal and state regulations including the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). You will also work to identify and proactively address hazards and risks through risk assessments. The Safety department is responsible for setting goals and developing strategies to continually improve safety for the company.
- Expert knowledge of OSHA, USDOT, FMCSA regulations and other safety related requirements
- Assist with the annual renewal of the company’s Property and Casualty insurance.
- Coordinate the reporting, follow-up and resolution of all Property and Casualty insurance claims.
- Coordinates mobile equipment rolling stock maintenance and inspections.
- Keeps Fleet Asset database current for mobile equipment.
- Develops annual Rolling Stock Plans for reallocation, retirement, and replacement of mobile equipment.
- Develops and maintains Hutson’s Safety policies.
- Conducts site audits for compliance to OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations.
- Develops and delivers training to help insure compliance to State and Federal regulations.
- Maintains databases for the safety training of employees.
- Investigates all Worker’s Comp and Property and Casualty incidents from a Safety perspective to develop controls and countermeasures to help prevent recurrences.
- Develops and maintains lines of communications to all levels of employees to promote awareness of the current Safety Culture of the Company.
- Acts as a Clearing House on employee suggestion for improvement.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
- Foster a great place to work environment, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Participate in all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Hutson Inc.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure that company’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with Hutson Inc. Core Values.
Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred, in the Safety & Transportation
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Ability to collaborate or work autonomously.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assess risk and develop policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow and translate regulations.
- Capability to conduct audits and relay information to superiors.
Essential Eligibility Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fork Lift Certification
- FA/CPR Certification
Essential Job Requirements:
- General Physical Requirements:
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Physical Activities:
- Balancing, Stooping, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, and Repetitive Motions
- Visual Acuity:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Working Conditions:
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or to chemicals.