|Company||Chestnut Homebuilder and Real Estate|
|Apply For This Job||Apply Now|
Chestnut Job Description: Service Technician | Chestnut Development for Chestnut Crossing &
Woods Apartment Homes in Howell, MI | Full-Time
Reports to: Community Manager
Service Technician, under the direction of the Community Manager, will be responsible for
performing routine maintenance and the day to day operations of the Apartment Community.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
● Timely completion of service requests, while providing exceptional customer service to
● Prepare apartment homes for new move-ins, including scheduling with vendors.
● Perform minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting tasks.
● Repair structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls, and building
● Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems, and be able to perform minor
● Complete daily property inspection including grounds maintenance and maintaining
community dog stations.
● Maintain a professional and respectful relationship with all company vendors, and
schedule vendors as necessary.
● Responsible for maintenance inventory and ordering supplies as needed.
● Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program.
● Keep shop and equipment up to Chestnut standards.
● Responsible for after-hour emergency maintenance calls.
● Coordinate special projects as directed.
● All other duties as assigned.
● High School Diploma or GED required
● Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation required
● HVAC certification preferred but not required.
● Must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors,
contractors, and fellow employees.
● Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain
effective and cooperative working relationships.
● Must be willing to travel to other communities (local) as needed.
● Basic smartphone and computer application skills.
● Highly organized.
● Team Player with the 3 C’s: Character, Competence, and Chemistry.
● Humble, Hungry, and Smart.